Recent Posts

Monday, July 11, 2011

DCE presents Final Year Students - MELANIE REID


Who are your major design influences in the world of interior design?

International: Frank Lloyd Wright, Victor Horta, Vemeer Pantone, Alv
ar Alto, Francine Houben
Local and current: Mia Feasy, Daniella Rowles

Baci Bar project


What is your design philosophy?

Integrity is at the heart of everything that we as people do best, to me design is about the role of integrity in the built environment.

Sweet art view of space from entry


What area of design would you like to work in upon graduating?

I like to try my hand at residentail and commerical spaces. Homes have always interested me becuase our dwelling spaces are so important to each of us as human beings. I think the commercial environment is an interesting and dynamic place to work becuase major corporations are now expected to provide engaging spaces for their employees and clients.

Staircase project

0 comments:

Post a Comment